When you do price match at Guitar Centre

expertune

• Members

Originally posted by expertune

When you do price match at Guitar Centre, let's say, price match to MF.com. Since there's no tax and shipping charge for online orders, will they match the price after tax or before tax? Thanks

Price match + tax = what you pay

mf and m123 is hard to beat with no tax and no shipping... only thing is you don't see the instrument until it arrives - may end up shipping back and forth several times to get the one you wnat.

• Members

Originally posted by jmf

Price match + tax = what you pay

mf and m123 is hard to beat with no tax and no shipping... only thing is you don't see the instrument until it arrives - may end up shipping back and forth several times to get the one you wnat.

Pretty much. In the end I think it is worth the Tax to be able to try the guitar in person befor buying one. Besides you can usually chew down GC center on the price a bit.

• Members

Originally posted by GCDEF

Never heard of that before.

When you do your state taxes you're supposed to claim all out of state purchases you made online, which you'd then be taxed on at the sales tax rate of your own state. I haven't heard of any states really cracking down on this, but I imagine at some point they will as more and more business moves online.

• Members
Originally posted by MetalHeadd

When you do your state taxes you're supposed to claim all out of state purchases you made online, which you'd then be taxed on at the sales tax rate of your own state. I haven't heard of any states really cracking down on this, but I imagine at some point they will as more and more business moves online.

Interesting. :)

Archived