New Guitar Day! Mock - ING - Bird - Yeah-ya (PICS!)

GAS Man

• Members
Originally posted by peavey_impact

Mmmm that is delicious
:love:

I still can't decide if I want a Mockingbird, Eagle, or Bich Classic.

That thing is so gorgeous
:thu:

What do you think of the BDSM pickups? The ones I have are pretty good; I'd put them above Duncan Designs as far as stock pickups go.

Thanks, I'm happy with the deal. ;)

I'm pretty pleased so far with the stock pickups. I played it yesterday thru a Vox Pathfinder and heard some real sweet cleans. Then I was playing it through a Vox ToneLab and into a Roland JC120. I found the pickups were overpowering the Fender amp models a bit (had to reduce the gain on the ToneLab substantially) but they sounded just fine thru the Marshall models (as you might expect).

It will take me awhile to decide for sure, but I'm guessing that I probably won't take the gamble to upgrade these pickups. I think they most likely do what they were intended to do quite nicely.

• Members

Originally posted by ishoulddie

Well, now i don't feel quite so bad. i have one with the mahogany finish (like the one in the catalog), and was kicking myself when they had the price drop. Good to see the blow-out wasn't the exact same as mine, ha ha.

You should post some pics of yours.

In the catalog and on the webshots the Natural Mahogany looks kinda drab, but I've seen live pics of it on ebay and that Natual Mahogany, when you can really see the color and grain, is a drop dead sexy bitch IMO.

• Members

Version, not like my USA because of the longer scale , but great for the money. Changed the Bridge PUP to a Dimarzio Megadrive and will probably put a PAF or something in the neck. The PUPS are not bad great harmonics,but I put it in a super strat and this great guitar sounds even better with highend pups BichM.jpg

• Members

Yeah, I'm pretty happy with it so far.

I mentioned above that the strings seem to be a bit low to where there's some buzz around the 4th fret, but it's not affecting the amplified tone. But I'm thinking that won't be a big issue, probably just a TR adjustment.

And so far I seem to be able to get both good cleans and good high gain tone from its stock pups.

But the only downside I've noticed so far is that the fret edges are sharp. Luckily they don't protrude at all, but they could use a little buffing of some sort. Or maybe it will just break in on its own. It seems like one of my Squier '51s got better with just a bit of play, either that or my wounds developed good calusses. :D

• Members

Originally posted by GAS Man

You should post some pics of yours.

In the catalog and on the webshots the Natural Mahogany looks kinda drab, but I've seen live pics of it on ebay and that Natual Mahogany, when you can really see the color and grain, is a drop dead sexy bitch IMO.

i haven't taken any pics yet, and it's in the shop right now. But when i get it back i'll definitely take some pics and post 'em. It's definitely a beaut.

Can't wait to get it back, i'm getting it set up, and they're going to level the frets. Also installing a new bridge pickup, i too went with the MegaDrive. Should be awesome.

One thing i did myself that seemed to make an improvement was replacing the stock bridge with a Gotoh one. It's definitely a better quality bridge, and the guitar actually seems to resonate better with it. Plus, the saddles have more room for adjusting intonation. Pretty good improvement for $25.

Archived