I'm a bit confused by some of the reviews on here

lollipop mf

• Members

I have read quite a few reviews on here over the past year or so (I finally got to an office where I could post) and people will say something like:

I just got a Squier 51 and it's great! Better than a Fender! All I had to do was get new pickups, pots and wiring, dress the frets, change the bridge and sand and paint it.

I only used the 51 as an example and nobody ever actually said it exactly like that.

But shouldn't a review be pre-mod? After all those changes, can you really say it's the guitar you bought?

Just askin'.

• Members

Hello.

I've been playing guitar for 60+ years. I have owned Fenders, Jacksons, Ibanez, Gibsons, Yamahas, Ernie Balls, Carvins, Epiphones, BC Richs, Soloways, Squires and everything you can think of. There is no better guitar than this one. If it was stolen I would probably buy something else.

• Members
:D

Sound : 10

You want to know what the SIGNATURE Randy Rhoads Jackson V sounds like? Let me introduce you to a little something called UNCAGED METAL DESTRUCTION. When I first got my V, I went down into my basement, plugged it into my EVH 5150 custom half-stack with a 300-foot cord, and then I climbed up into my attic and stood in the window, looking over my neighborhood and wondering if they had any idea that there was about to be a full-frontal metal assault rolling straight through their homes. As I hit that first power G chord, I felt my house rumble as the sonic metal INVASION trampled its way through its walls and loosed itself upon my unsuspecting neighbor, who was stupid enough to come out from his backyard and ask me what was going on. I mean, by now the neighbors know that when I'm standing in that attic window, they should watch where they step because their BALLS are about to be rocked off.

• Members

Just found a few interesting things for Rip Glitter. First off, there's this site where Rip actually posted. :D

http://www.firebottle.com/fireforum/ff.cgi?cmd=vt&dm=gb&fid=open&tid=1134843402AJPKwBM

Also on that site is this link, which is a compilation of 3 of Rip's reviews, plus one impostor.

http://www.blueguitar.org/new/misc/humor/rip_glitter.pdf

Archived