Sonar Home Studio and XL

pbognar

• Members

Anyone have the lowdown on the feature sets of the Home editions of Sonar compared to the Standard and Pro editions. It would be nice to have a feature matrix with all four products.

It appears to me that the Home versions don't have MIDI Score editors per se, but rather just allow you to print...

Pete

• Members

They haven't really put together a matrix comparison chart for the three version.

You can look at the Sonar 4 Studio and Producer comparison chart and glance at the Sonar Home Studio Specs. The New Home Studio looks like a good begginners value.

There's a 64 track audio limit, no midi limit.

You're not getting the good Sonitus effects nor surround capabilties and the power dither.

Other new features such as folders, freeze aren't mentioned.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Craig - any info you can provide?

I just wrote about the Home Studio introduction for my Sonar Notes column in Sound on Sound. Basically, they have a lot of the same features as Sonar, but the plug-in/accessories set is quite different.

The Cakewalkers are going to send me an NFR so I can check it out, and I can file a more complete report then. Bottom line is I think it's probably great bang for the home studio buck, but if you're into it from a pro angle, you'll likely need the additional features in Studio Studio or Producer.

I can see many musicians getting all they need out of the Home Studio edition, though.

Archived