Im thinking of trading my strat in for a tele ...

Devinstation

• Members

Originally posted by -Anti-

If I were you, I'd try to keep the Strat and get the Tele as well.

These new MIM Fender's are freaking nice - the old ones really felt like "mid-priced" instruments, but the new 2006 ones feel a lot, lot more high quality. They sound a lot better as well. I'd say that a newer MIM Fender with some upgrades could sound like a MIA.

As for your choice, it's only yours to make. If the tele gets the sounds you want, go for it. Be sure you want to get rid of the Strat though, because it always sucks to look back on trading something in with regret.

Honestly ever since I got the '51 I have barely touched the strat (unless I am doing John Frusciante stuff) but hey even he used a Tele.

Chances are I will get another strat, probably one from Rondo or somewhere similarly priced considering I plan on modding it regardless.

• Members

Originally posted by HEPNOTIC

then why have you sold 4 of them in the past?

Actually, I said I sold 5.

Why? Because I have been playing for 23 years. In that time I have owned as many as 10 electric guitars at a time. Almost everytime I sold a Strat it was to fund a new guitar I thought would replace the Strat. Much like Devinstation's situation right now.

I realize now that no other guitar feels as good to me as a Strat.

• Members
Originally posted by Devinstation

Honestly ever since I got the '51 I have barely touched the strat (unless I am doing John Frusciante stuff) but hey even he used a Tele.

Chances are I will get another strat, probably one from Rondo or somewhere similarly priced considering I plan on modding it regardless.

Thats exactly how i feel with the tele. Ill end up getting another one later on i know, but right now id choose the strat for me

you still feelin up to this? i am :thu:

Archived