Roadstar owners, what's the going rate?

hardtdc

• Members

What's the going rate for used Roadstars? I saw a used one in black advertised on my local Craigslist for 2 bills. I know most of you guys seem to think they are great players/gig worthy guitars. Is this a good average price? Should I barter? I haven't seen the condition and don't know the age or where it was made. I thought they were all made in Japan. Is that correct? Anyway, feedback is always mucho appreciated.:thu:

Edit: Also comes with a case. And here's the pic they have in the ad:

bsCoApmE9epcesvG9ByX4S2ChbTa.jpg

• Members

They're all mij to my knowledge. Depending on the condition, that sounds like a pretty nice deal if you're gasing for that one, considering it comes with a case and no shipping fees. They pop up on ebay all the time, and, depending on the model, sell for $100-250 (the lower 100's usually being the strat clones).

• Members
Originally posted by Mazi Bee

Looks to be an RS 335. Very nice guitar. Made in Japan in 1983

http://www.ibanezregister.com/Gallery/roadstar/gal-rs335.htm

rs335bk83sc9.th.jpg

Thanks Mazi. I just got an e-mail from the owner's wife. It is a Roadstar II 83' model. I think you're right on the money with it being the RS model. She said it's in excellent condition. I'm going to call in the morning and see if they'll hold it for me until the day after Christmas. With the case, it should definitely be worth 2 bills. I'll still try and talk them down a bit. There has to be something wrong with it you know.;) BTW, how's the Ibanez PU's?

• Members
Originally posted by hardtdc

Thanks Mazi. I just got an e-mail from the owner's wife. It is a Roadstar II 83' model. I think you're right on the money with it being the RS model. She said it's in excellent condition. I'm going to call in the morning and see if they'll hold it for me until the day after Christmas. With the case, it should definitely be worth 2 bills. I'll still try and talk them down a bit. There has to be something wrong with it you know.
;)
BTW, how's the Ibanez PU's?

It has the Maxon made V2 in the bridge. I love that pickup. Kinda similar to a Super Distortion. Sounds great!

The neck is probably a Super 6, not familiar with that one, but I think all those old Maxon made Ibanez pickups sound fantastic.

I've been looking for a black V2, so if you get rid of it, let me know.

Probably the thing to look for is fret wear, being 23 years old and all.

I would totally jump on that guitar for 200, if it's in as good of shape as she says it is.

Good luck! :thu:

• Members

I paid $90 for one a couple of years ago; it was beat to hell but plays and sounds great, and I was and still am very happy with that deal.

$200 local, with a case, can see and play before you buy?

I'd definitely pursue it further at that price and look into it more.

Archived