D-Tuner?

MegaMustaine

• Members

I have an original floyd in my guitar. I wanted to be able to go from D standard to drop C. I have heard about the D tuna. A: Would it work to be setup from going from D to C? And say I went back up to E, would it go from E to D?

Second, where would I get one? Are there any videos or anything? How would I install one? I can't find any in depth guides with pictures or anything.

Personal experience with it and thoughts?

• Members

I never played one in person though i love the idea. But i don't think it would work too well with floating-tremolo systems. You take some of the tension on your trem-springs away and that would mess up the tuning of all six strings rather than just one. That's why Floyd-bridge guitars are such a bitch to tune and intonate.

• Members

I used to have an EVH with one loaded. Your trem must be blocked so it cannot go sharp. With that in mind, the d-tuna works perfectly. It is adjustable too. If you don't mind blocking your trem, go for it, otherwise, avoid it. I need a true floating trem and therefore sold it after my Tool soundalike days were over

• Members

I've used mine in standard tuning and in Eb tuning without a problem. Dropping another 1/2 step shouldn't make much difference.

Like the others have said, you do have to block the trem so it won't pull up. Once you do that, the D-Tuna works great.

To install it, all you have to do is take the saddle locking bolt off the E string, and thread the new, longer bolt through the D-tuna and tighten it up. Then tune the guitar to drop D with the D-Tuna pulled out. Now slide the D-Tuna in and use the little adjustment hex screw on the side to get the E in tune. Repeat this process a time or two and it should be good to go.

• Members

Originally posted by MegaMustaine

I have an original floyd in my guitar. I wanted to be able to go from D standard to drop C. I have heard about the D tuna. A: Would it work to be setup from going from D to C? And say I went back up to E, would it go from E to D?

Second, where would I get one? Are there any videos or anything? How would I install one? I can't find any in depth guides with pictures or anything.

Personal experience with it and thoughts?

I had one. In my opinion it didn't work too well with lower than standard tuning.

Archived