Any of you guys heard of thomann.de?

Gammy

• Members

I buy all the time from Thoman

Actually I havent set foot in an actual guitar store for years thanks to them

They are 100% professionals , I bought for thousands of euros from them. Never had any problem.

If you buy for more than 200

• Members
Originally posted by the.nameless

its very cheap for pretty much everything...there are a few things that you can get cheaper elsewhere though, and amps are expensive.

great service and delivery times though, to be reccomended.

Yep, everything seems cheaper there than here but the least noticeable difference is amps :o

• Members

i'll tell ye a story:

a guy i know ordered a bass off them, it was kinda in the middle of the range...it took 3 weeks to come, and when it did, it was broken. He sent it back, and they sent him the absolute top of the range model with a free hardcase as compensation. nice germans.

• Members

I sorta wish I had found out about Thomann and bought my Fireball off of them than Musik Produktiv. They're such a better store.

I'm buying a presonus firebox off em and perhaps a recording pre off em too sometime soon.

• Members
Originally posted by TheGammy

So pretty much 100% positive experiences then?

hmm, not really.
I've decided to order something from them and i did. I've got automated e-mail from them and thought it is all alright.
So i waited...and waited....and after 2 weeks of waiting i wrote 'em email just to ask what's going on with my order. Then i waited again for about a week, got no reply so i mailed them again. Finally some guy replies that they have lost my order and that i should order it again. I was kinda pissed off but i did it anyway.
So, automated email again, waiting again, email again and after 2 months i've got my order without any explanations in e-mail or whatever.
I'll never do any kind of business with them.
and btw i don't know where you guys buy your gear but they really ain't that cheap :freak:

• Members

i haven't bought from them, but I've heard of them.

Don't know about ireland, but some of the things are cheaper than here (normally american brands, and obviously german brands), while some are more expensive (british brands, ibanez for some reason).

I guess you want to compare the prices before you buy.

:thu:

• Moderators
Originally posted by gigant0r

:confused:
yeah? You buy gear based on location of shop or?

I buy a guitar from US shipping is $130-150 + 3% duty + 17.5% VAT....I buy a guitar from Thomann its $15.....ever heard of a no brainer?:rolleyes:

Most stuff in US is cheaper, I buy all smaller stuff from US suppliers, but for a EU based retailer Thomann are nigh on unbeatable.

Archived