Guitar shops in LA

rustypickup

• Members

I'm an Aussie heading over to the US in a couple of days, and I was wondering if anyone can give me some advice on the best guitar shops to visit in LA. I'll also be in Salt Lake City for a few days so if there's any decent places there, it'd be awesome if someone would fill me in!

On a slightly different note, does anybody know what the deal is with buying pedals in one country and using them in another in regards to voltages? I'd be interested in purchasing a Boss DD6 but I need to know whether it uses the same 9 volt adapter as the ones we have here.

Cheers

• Members

If you hang here very often, you will undoubtedly notice that most everyone in here has a distaste for Guitar Centers as a whole, and at the same time, most everyone that has been to the Guitar Center in Hollywood loved it... GO TO THE VINTAGE ROOM, DON'T LOOK BACK, PLUG YOUR EARS ON THE WAY!!!!!! (and bring a credit card).

• Members

When I used to live in L.A. I shopped at "Norman's Rare Guitars". It was a local institution and had one of the best vintage collections I've ever seen. I have never been to the new location, but it is definitely worth a drive to the Valley (L.A.'s northern neighborhoods).

Here is a link with the address:

http://www.normansrareguitars.com/store/

• Members

Thanks a lot guys, I've got a couple of days and barely any cash so I'm gonna have to show a lot of restraint :(

And yes, It's not hard to notice the distaste for GC ... I'll be sure to check out a couple just to get that exhilirating experience that before now, has only been a dream that I've lived through others on this message board. My chance has finally come ...

Any ideas what I should aim for price wise on a Boss DD6? Is it worth it over the DD3?

And finally, can someone tell me what the going street price of an 80GB Ipod is?

Sorry for all the Q's, I'm just aiming to get some numbers so I can't get ripped off. Locals seem to get the impression that foreigners will pay anything they demand

Thanks all

Archived