2Channel Dual Recto does 80's style music. Clip inside. What do you all think?

riffy

• Members

Dual Recto 80s clip

Got the cast off my picking hand Thursday!!! Yeah!!!!! Now, I gotta get that sucker back in shape for playing really. I just recorded this very basically and one takes for everything...

As usual huh?

Anyway, rhythm guitar and lead guitars are all 2 channel Dual Recto amp mic'ed up with a Senn MD421 on a Marshall 4x12 with RI greenback speakers in it. I have the rhythm panned to partially to one side and the lead partially panned to the other.

The bass is recorded direct and the Drums are programed in case you can't tell...lol

Anyway, I would LOVE to know how you all think the 2 channel jobby does 80s style music! And the picking will get better! I promise!

Thanks in advance, and all comments are welcomed, no matter how critical.

Gary

PS. I forgot, I lowered the preamp gain on the Recto and hit it with a Maxon OD808 as a boost only!

• Members

sounds awesome. does it very well. of course, it still has that modern sound but it's probably due to how it was recorded. although this IS 2007! You're a good guitarist. I don't think I know you but i've seen that avatar before. just not in a long time.

thank the Lord that you can play! Not saying what you should do but, if that were me, I would play for Him. You know, like in a church band or something to show my gratitude.

anyway, you got some skill man. can't wait to hear what you can do at full capasity:thu: good tone too.

• Members
Originally posted by RudeMood

Glad to hear the cast is off. That's some damn tasty playing man!
:eek::thu:

Thanks guys! Bro, it has seemed an eternity since this stupid cast was put on. They kept delaying taking it off and now it is gone!!!!!!! Man, I can actually scratch the back of my hand now...lol

• Members
Originally posted by riffy

Thanks guys! Bro, it has seemed an eternity since this stupid cast was put on. They kept delaying taking it off and now it is gone!!!!!!! Man, I can actually scratch the back of my hand now...lol

lol...luckily, I've never had to wear a cast (knock on wood). I can't imagine how frustrating it would be...especially as a guitar player. It doesn't sound like you lost a step though. :thu:

• Members

Originally posted by pete n.

You rock man!

Very George Lynch sounding stuff there, I like it.

The 80's kicked ass IMO. I had the times of my life then.

Thanks much bro! I really appreciate it so much@!

I really dig George and Warren DiMartini a ton.

They were big influences on me I guess you can

tell...lol

I had the best times in the 80s too! It was a great

time to be a guitarist in a band then!

• Members
Originally posted by RudeMood

lol...luckily, I've never had to wear a cast (knock on wood). I can't imagine how frustrating it would be...especially as a guitar player. It doesn't sound like you lost a step though.
:thu:

Oh man! Count yourself lucky. This is my 2nd cast. 1st was around
3 years ago when I had a couple of torn tendons repaired in my fretting hand wrist... That sucked just as bad...lol

I don't know about not losing a step though, I feel pretty sloppy!

• Members

Sounded really good:thu:

Care to share your settings?

Matt,

I am sorry man. I just found and saw this. I can't remember the settings off the top of my head. I posted this on the amp forum and the day I did it someone asked me the same question and I answered it there. As soon

as the search function comes back up I will get back to you gladly!

Thank you for the compliment man!

Gary

Archived