Les Paul Bridge Saddle Question

paul44

• Members

Both do have notches, it can be either caused by the strings wearing the saddles or they can be made at the factory. If there are no notches the strings will slide on the saddles.

Fender saddles don't have notches,at least the vintage ones don't,I have four of them.The strings don't slide.

The downward pressure at the bridge on my LP is still pretty considerable,would the strings move around? I've got a new ABR-1 bridge coming so I'm gonna try it un-notched for myself.

• Members

The strings wear the notches in themselves if you don't do them yourself. It's better to notch them yourself because that way you get the string spacing accurate. What Gibson does at the factory is string the guitar, set the spacings right and then hits the saddles with a rubber faced hammer. This causes the strings to make an imprint on the saddle, hence notching them.

• Members

The strings wear the notches in themselves if you don't do them yourself. It's better to notch them yourself because that way you get the string spacing accurate. What Gibson does at the factory is string the guitar, set the spacings right and then hits the saddles with a rubber faced hammer. This causes the strings to make an imprint on the saddle, hence notching them.

Do you actually own a strat? I was hoping to get info from guys who knew what the {censored} they were talking about.

Archived