Why does the Peavey Classic 30 sound so good with so many guitars? Is it the tubes?

apostrophe

• Members

Well I have a feeling that was to put a stop to everyone and their mother ripping the hideous uber-metal peavey logo off the front. Its funny but I think some people will be less inclined to purchase the new ones with the huge cod piece. we guitar players are weird like that.

I don't understand that. I mean, it's their logo. At least it's the logo of a company that's still owned and operated by the guy who started it and not a corporation. It was unfortunate that the logo was developed in the 70's, but at the time, it was fairly cool. It hasn't aged well, but one day it will be cool again.

And I don't care how my amp looks. I care how it sounds. It's just a box with a grill cloth.

• Members

Oh, don't bother changing speakers and valves, Classic 30's sound great as they are, just use the tone controls on the guitar and forget about pedals.

too true, I was set on replacing the speaker just because that seems to be what everyone else does. Now, I don't think I'll ever change the stock. I did replace the tubes, but I bought mine used.

I suggest the addition of a cab to any C30 owner if you're not into buying a second c30 like Tom here.

Archived