Neck humbucker for Fender Tele needed!

New Trail

• Members

I have converted a MIM Nashville Tele to a Fat Tele. I have a real Fender Tele humbucker in the neck position, and I like the lower output of the pickup, but for some reason its noisy. Who makes a chrome covered Gibson style humbucker that would maybe work for me. I don't want to do any routing, so the pickup would need to have the shallower screw attachment flanges as per DiMarzio, not the deeper flanges like Gibson and Seymour Duncan has. Thanks!

• Members
I have a Tele with the Kentron in it and it is a fantastic sounding p/u. You definitely won't go wrong with it.

got any pics of that bad boy? I have a aged white tele body that I am in the process of routing for a neck humbucker and I plan to put the Kentron in there with a red tortoise or maybe red pearloid pickguard and possibly a bigsby...:o

• Members

got any pics of that bad boy? I have a aged white tele body that I am in the process of routing for a neck humbucker and I plan to put the Kentron in there with a red tortoise or maybe red pearloid pickguard and possibly a bigsby...
:o

Thanks for the info. The Kent Armstrong idea sounds great. It had been rumoured that he built pickups for Reverend, but I don't know if that's true or not! And yes, I do have some pics if I can figure out how to upload them.:confused: Mine is white with maple fingerboard and was factory routed for HB, almost like a swimming pool route..;)

• Members
got any pics of that bad boy? I have a aged white tele body that I am in the process of routing for a neck humbucker and I plan to put the Kentron in there with a red tortoise or maybe red pearloid pickguard and possibly a bigsby...
:o

RED:love: :love: :love:

Archived