I want a fretless guitar- where should I turn to?

Mayanus

• Members

After seeing some inspiring videos, I think I want to open up my horizons and try some fretless guitar playing. I was wondering which companies currently offer fretless guitars. Obviously the less I pay the better, so if there are any lower priced options I would like to hear them.

I live in the UK so if anyone knows of any custom builders in the UK that would do it, I'm all ears. Thanks!

• Members

Too bad Search is down. I ran a similar thread a while ago.What I am doing is converting a fretted Squier Strat. After examining all the options, instead of pulling the frets, I'm going to file/sand them down until they're level with the fretboard. If I screw it up badly, I plan to steam the fretboard off and replace with some nice pallisander. This is going to cost nothing (already got the strat) or about $25 for new wood if I screw up.

A replacement neck from warmouth is $160 and you can order it fretless. Carvin also has some fretless kits. I just lost a bid on a used neck on ebay. It had a lot of fancy inlay work and went for $80.

Archived