The Phantom Project w/ Pics!

voneville

• Members

My good friend and former bandmate Redd Tyde of Zombie Surf Camp fame (it's not name dropping if you guys don't know who he is, but I just want to give him credit for his generosity) Gave me a Jay Turser Phantom copy. It was a really nice and good sounding guitar before he gave it to me. But he took his MIA fender neck and carvin pickups off before giving me the guitar. I did get the stock neck with a Fender LSL nut upgrade. The bigsby came from my stash of spares.

All that's needed to complete is a TOM style roller bridge and the pickups installed. I am considering a few options for the pups. I have a set of Texas Specials for a Tele, so I was thinking about those with a strat pickup in the middle, like the Nashville model Tele. Also thinking about a set of GFS lipsticks or GFS 60's grey bottom surf/blues. And finally, I got a pair of Tiesco square poles. I'm leaning towards stock strat or lipstick pups for ease of installation. Or if anyone has a set of generic strat pups laying around shoot me a PM, I have some stuff I'd be willing to trade or would pay a reasonable price for generic pups.

Here's a Pic...

phantom.jpg

• Members

Thanks for all the replies. My pocket book won out when I saw GFS had some blowout strat pups for 15 bucks! I ended up buying everything I needed to finish from GFS. Got to love one stop shopping, they had everything I needed. They even combined shipping because I forgot a couple of small items and had to place a second order.

Archived