Back from India

• Members
Originally posted by kylen

Greetings Ken - did ya find any good BBQ over there?
:cool:

:)

The kebabs were excellent! I ate mostly vegetarian throughout most of India, eating most of the meat in Kashmir (which still wasn't much). Since it was Fayaz' family, I know that it is very clean and hygienic, so I'm more likely to eat mutton or chicken there. But generally, I don't eat that much meat normally anyway.

And yes, the food is excellent all throughout India, with different sorts of cuisines depending on what region you are in and who is preparing it. An extremely diverse country!!!

• Members
Originally posted by Anderton

Welcome home, Ken! And welcome to the new SSS!!

If you want the Elevenshadows name back, I can probably pulll a few strings for ya...there are ways to override the system.

And Ken -- please feel free to share as much as you'd like about what you've experienced. We all like to live our travel lives vicariously through your exploits
:)

I always did like the Harmony Central site. A lot of really great information here.

I think maybe I'll stick with the new name for now. Something different, you know? Besides, I've got my name in the sig file anyway. But thanks for the offer!!! I'm just happy to be able to participate here again!!! Whewwww!!!

I have few regrets about the trip, as it was a fantastic trip!! I wanted to go to Jaisalmer (beautiful sandstone walled city deep in the Thar desert admidst Lawrence of Arabia type sand dunes!), and technically could have, but I was starting to get burnt on riding trains and buses, and ended up staying four notes in Pushkar. Next time...

And another regret is that I was unable to meet QuarryKing/Vinay Vincent. We simply didn't get a chance to go anywhere near Chennai. But those aside, the trip could not have been any better!!! Fantastic friends, people, sites, food...India is truly a great country.

Thanks for the welcome back, everyone!

• Members

Originally posted by Anderton

Hey, it worked! Ken, show us some pix!!

I just tried uploading some, but they're too big. I'll try again next week after I resize them. Gotta go now.

And as usual, I'll have a LOT of pictures up on my web site soon. The pictures suffer from the blecchy grey monsoon skies like the ones from Ghana last year, but I think you'll still find them interesting. Okay, gotta run...

Archived