Two new guitars day!

Clyde42

• Members

Hi Clyde,

Yeah I believe I saw that same guitar on Ebay. It was just a little while back. I was going to bid on it. Do you know if it had been listed before? Maybe it is a different guitar, but it looks very much like the one I was going to bid on. I am curious how much you gave for it if you don't mind me asking. I really love those older Ibanez guitars, just pure poetry. Vintage guitars at a not-so-vintage price. As far as vintage Gibbys and Fenders go I refuse to pay what they ask for them nowadays wether they are worth it or not. However you can get quality vintage japanese made guitars for a fair price still. I hope to get this digital camera thing worked out so I can post a pic of my new "Lawsuit" Ibanez SG.

I dunno. The guy that traded it off is an older chap that is more of an old school horse trader than an ebayer. Always has some neat stuff, but most is in need of attention in some way. I do not think he would have tried it on ebay, but I could be totally wrong.

In any case, it needs some help. There are some finish dings to be drop filled, cavity covers to be fabricated, missing screws, the tailpiece needs to be replaced with a chrome or nickel one(an original quick change if possible), one tuner is missing its back, and there is an ugly broken bit under the washer on the input jack to deal with. That said..........

I got it for $125 with a non original hard case. In spite of all the issues, it kicks ass! I like the V2 pups, and this one is much darker sounding than my ST200 due to the all mahogany construction.

Archived