The End (Fifty-One Content)

CraigOrn

• Members
... but yet they're still making the "OBEY" series.
:freak:
Anybody actually seen any teenagers running around with one of those?

I know what You mean, I've never seen them except for on instrument websites, none of My local music stores are carrying them.
Who's buying them:confused:
I have to admit I thought they looked cool for a brief moment:rolleyes:

• Members

I know what You mean, I've never seen them except for on instrument websites, none of My local music stores are carrying them.

yeah. who'd want the work of putting their own stickers all over a guitar?

what's the over-under on what the 'obey series' are going for on overstock.com next x-mas season?

• Members

So did I.... particularly the Dissent version of the Strat.

That is, until I saw one in person at a local store. Despite what the pictures online look like, its not white graphics on black - it's white on dark green. It looks like {censored}. It's a shame, too - the backside of a couple of the models is a kickass looking deep translucent brown.

The distressed hardware is interesting, so if they ever blow them out for cheap I may pick one up just to part out.

Hmmm.. .actually, come to think of it, if I could get one cheap, I'd part out the hardware for use in another project, refinish the top - maybe as a goldtop - leaving that nice brown back, and replace the hardware.

• Members

the vintage modified series was always supposed to be a serial thing where they'd make something cool for awhile then discontinue it and make something else cool.

I think this is correct. While the vintage mod tele is far more expensive, The '51 was 150 when it first came out, I think it will be new '51. Then it will go and something else will come out. They may add a less expensive model mid year or next, but I think that is what the game plan is. I like the fact that they are putting out new stuff. It keeps life interesting.

Archived