Les Paul Studio - Last place to get them at $ 999!

cc999

• Members

That 1199 plus 170 for the Alpine White, Sunburst, classic white, and Herirage Cherry! Thats 1369 total. The only ones at 1199 are Wine Red or Ebony.

Charlie C

Oh my! :eek: :eek:

You're right, I hadn't noticed that in the print. That's the first time I've seen premium markups for different colors on Studios. (Except for maybe the platinum).

So that is a good $100 over last year's price.

It's funny that MF is saying with their banner sticker on the ad, "Save $70" when in fact they are advertising an all time new high price.

• Members

I'm glad they went up. That cures my GAS for one.
:D

Actually.... I'm saving up for a LP Standard Limited Edition Manhattan Midnight.

274425.jpg

:love:

that's so hot!

but I think Gibson is slowly killing itself by continuing to raise its prices... I could be wrong but one day people will realise too much is too much. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a Gibson hater (I even own one) but if prices keep going up like that...sry but then I'm going to The Heritage, Schecter, Hamer and others...

• Members

that's so hot!

but I think Gibson is slowly killing itself by continuing to raise its prices... I could be wrong but one day people will realise too much is too much. Now don't get me wrong, I'm not a Gibson hater (I even own one) but if prices keep going up like that...sry but then I'm going to The Heritage, Schecter, Hamer and others...

I don't think the price increase is that drastic. The $999 was probably just a holiday gimmick or something to boost sales. IIRC, they used to be around $1300 about 5 years ago. Factor in inflation (also note that the price of MIM strats and MIA strats went up as well from their prices 5 years ago) and it seems about right.

• Members

Actually.... I'm saving up for a LP Standard Limited Edition Manhattan Midnight.

274425.jpg

How much are those worth anyways? There's one for sale about a block away from me but it's ~$2000 not including tax. :cry:

• Members

How much are those worth anyways? There's one for sale about a block away from me but it's ~$2000 not including tax.
:cry:

It's $2500. I got to check one out at a local music store last week.

It was nice but had several cosmetic flaws..... and they still wanted $2500 for it.

There was orange peel paint, paint on the binding, and paint flaking off around the tailpiece posts.

I'm gonna keep looking till I find a better one. I ain't gonna pay $2500 for that crap! :mad:

• Members

It's $2500. I got to check one out at a local music store last week.

It was nice but had several cosmetic flaws..... and they still wanted $2500 for it.

There was orange peel paint, paint on the binding, and paint flaking off around the tailpiece posts.

I'm gonna keep looking till I find a better one. I ain't gonna pay $2500 for that crap!
:mad:

They would not take anything off the price tag with those blemishes?

• Members

They would not take anything off the price tag with those blemishes?

Well...... I didn't ask them if they would. But even if they took $500 off, I wouldn't want to pay $2000 for a guitar that had flaws like that.

I told one of the sales guys "If I'm going to pay $2,500 for a guitar, it has to be perfect....."

He said "Well, you should have seen the last Manhattan Midnight Les Paul we had in here... it was terrible..... it makes this one look perfect......... so really dude this is about as good as it gets."

I wanted to say "I don't believe that for a second....." but I wasn't going to argue with him.

That day I did play a Vintage Mahogany that was pretty nice. And I played a BFG that was really nice too.

But I want the Les Paul Standard Limited Edition Manhattan Midnight. And when I find one that's perfect.... I will buy it. :thu:

• Members

274425.jpg

I have to agree..that guitar gives me a raging hardon!!! In a very manly, non homosexual, yet powerful-guitars rule, sort of way!!

• Members

Well...... I didn't ask them if they would. But even if they took $500 off, I wouldn't want to pay $2000 for a guitar that had flaws like that.

I told one of the sales guys "If I'm going to pay $2,500 for a guitar, it has to be perfect....."

He said "Well, you should have seen the last Manhattan Midnight Les Paul we had in here... it was terrible..... it makes this one look perfect......... so really dude this is about as good as it gets."

I wanted to say "I don't believe that for a second....." but I wasn't going to argue with him.

That day I did play a Vintage Mahogany that was pretty nice. And I played a BFG that was really nice too.

But I want the Les Paul Standard Limited Edition Manhattan Midnight. And when I find one that's perfect.... I will buy it.
:thu:

Wow. Totally lame response by the salesman. What a joke. Stick to you guns and wait for a nice one. There is one on ebay right now and has some different flame/grain going on.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Gibson-Les-Paul-Manhattan-Midnight-Limited-1st-Edition_W0QQitemZ270085985124QQihZ017QQcategoryZ47072QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

• Members

How much are those worth anyways? There's one for sale about a block away from me but it's ~$2000 not including tax.
:cry:

Are the Back of those blue?

I saw another picture and the back and sides were blue.

For 2,500 you can get a R8 Custom Shop for a bunch of Les Paul Dealers...

Why would you rather have that than a custom shop, plecked, historic edition Les Paul?

Archived