Travel guitars??

cincy_cosmo

• Members

Have one.

Not the best, but fun.

Whatever the original poster gets, I highly recommend something with a full-size scale 24" or so. Avoid the short ones, regardless of them saying whether to use concert tuning or tune it up a fourth.

Good advice. The traveler has a full sized neck (24.5"??). Anyway, it's only about 3 pounds and it will fit in a suitcase if you don't want to carry it. Batotman was sure that security was gonna give me a lot of grief, but they never even asked me to pull it out of the bag. The customs agent at Heathrow airport asked me to pull it out just because he was a guitarist and wanted to check it out.

• Members

Good advice. The traveler has a full sized neck (24.5"??). Anyway, it's only about 3 pounds and it will fit in a suitcase if you don't want to carry it. Batotman was sure that security was gonna give me a lot of grief, but they never even asked me to pull it out of the bag. The customs agent at Heathrow airport asked me to pull it out just because he was a guitarist and wanted to check it out.

Yet, they'll make me pull out everything in my infant son's diaper-bag and everything else every time.

• Members

and the stickers just make it....

I was planning on doing that with the stickers from the get-go, so I started collecting them. My wife and I were in Amsterdam and we had stopped at one of the local coffee houses after dinner. When we got back to the hotel we put Mars Volta on my computer and got creative cutting up stickers and putting them on the guitar. I found a bunch more in my backpack the other day.

The problem is, our local coffee houses don't have that stuff on the menu.

Archived