Anyone need a road mixer (FOH or monitors) for ongoing tour???

fantasticsound

• Members

I took a few shows with 2004 Nashville Star winner, Brad Cotter, and now I'm jones'n to hit the road full time again. Sitting behind a desk is literally killing me. (Though it gives me quite a few opportunities to commune with y'all online. ;) )

So... anyone in need of an experienced, housebroken (busbroken?? :confused: .) mixer?

(With any luck Brad's star will continue to rise, but I'd love to find a solution to working full time mixing again.

Middle age can really make a person crazy! (And I'm only approaching middle age. ;) )

• Members

Geez. Now I feel bad, like I gave you the bug.

I'd call ya, but I'm (literally) in the middle of nowhere on a slooooow connection via my home PC.

We shall speak on this matter shortly my friend!

And what does Ms. Lilly have to say about this????

'Drew

:)

• Members

I really hoped you reply, Drew. It's been a while!

No need to feel guilty about the bug to tour... if anything you kept pointing out the disadvantages to such a life.

But I'm restless in the day job and even weekend warrior work is difficult to fit in with that job because I can't get enough vacation to take off the Fridays and Mondays necessary to really make it happen. A local Nashville sound company I worked for earlier in the year was slow for a while. I heard business had picked up in a big way again and called about work. The crew manager said he'd thought about me but most all the shows left on Thursdays or Fridays, so no work.

Lilly would likely be fine with me gone. She never seems to notice. I know she misses me a bit, but she's awfully independent. Always has been. I don't think I ever had a time when she's tackled me after a trip. Not even when I was gone to the Mideast for a month. It was all her mama could do to get her to say hello on the phone. (sigh)

Frankly, Drew, I hadn't had the opportunity to mix FOH for anyone of note on a medium to big show. I always ran monitors. The show yesterday and the Labor Day performance were wonderful. I really had the chance to take what was onstage, extend it out, and embellish it. I miss the challenge and the results.

And I find the travel to be fun. Of course, I'm not advancing anything on these shows, either. ;)

How's your family? The SD's or BB's on the road these days, or do you get to to materially participate in your computer consulting biz??

Great to hear from you, Drew.

Archived