MIJ Signature Les Paul

LlamaGuy

• Members

(if anyone comes in here with one of these guitars... does it have a long tenon neck?)

Next time you change the strings take the neck pickup off, it's easy...just the four corner screws and take a few pics to post. Here's a couple I took yesterday of a lefty Greco Les Paul I just received...the first shows the long neck tenon and the second shows the thick maple cap.

100_1927.jpg

100_1928.jpg

...and here's one of the guitar!:love:

100_1931.jpg

• Members

Oh man that's one sweet geetar.

Thanks, I got it two days ago from Japan..only four days shipping to the states...and haven't stopped playing it since I got it, it has it's fair share of dings, but then again it's 27 years old. Your's is awesome as well!:thu:

• Members

Body shape wise, does it have the same shape? I think i can see from the pictures that the cutout horn is slightly rounder at the tip, am i right?

I think it is, but I'm real pleased with the way it is.

• Moderators

I'm curious how these stack up to an Edwards

Good job I'm here aint it?:thu:

Here was mine:

sigfull-1.jpg

No quite comparable to the Edwards, apparently from the same factory as the Epi Elitist, heavier than the Edwards with a thick shiny poly finish, average pickups but overall decent quality....but no.....not in Edwards league.

• Moderators

However, the guy from the shop said that Gibson are coming down heavily on shops selling them due to a lawsuit or something, but he wasn't a Gibson supplier so he didn't seem too worried, and these things are selling like hot cakes and it's the last stock now, so when these are gone you'll be waiting for ages for one to pop up on eBay, and even then that's no sure thing.

Without any prejudice, or bonfire pissing, they've been selling like cooling warmcakes for for about 3 years, originally priced at between 599 for plaintops and 699 for flame, they sold none, at

• Moderators

Hey there, just wondering if you know if it's got a long tenon neck or not?

I did swap the pups out but to be honest I never checked. As I always recommend to anybody with a LP, stick a set of Thomastik-Infeld Power Brights on there, they sing and they bend beautifully, and while the old strings are off, take the neck pup off and have a look. The review you see on the Guitarbitz site btw is mine:cool:

• Members

Cheers, will do.

Oh yeah and I'd like to thank you for tuning me onto this beast. I was looking out for an Agile but in one of the topics you posted the picture you posted here and the more I looked into them the more I needed it, and now it's here and it's everything I wanted. Thanks, man!

Just a question to throw out (this may seem noobish but still...) if i'm changing from 9's (i think) to 10's will I need much of a set-up? To be honest I really like the action the way it is and don't want to mess with it, but I don't really agree with these strings.

And finally, taken the scratchplate off and it looks 10x better. If I can get some good sunlight I'll take some decent pictures later.

• Members

Oh crap, forgot to ask (I dunno what it is with all these questions...!) on the grand scale of things, where does this guitar sit, as I've said, I've only had limited experience with Gibsons and Tokais, and even then I don't think that the Gibson was that good, so yeah.

OK, I promise there are no more questions now.

• Moderators

Just a question to throw out (this may seem noobish but still...) if i'm changing from 9's (i think) to 10's will I need much of a set-up? To be honest I really like the action the way it is and don't want to mess with it, but I don't really agree with these strings.

Trust me on the Thomastik Power Brights, they're a tad more expensive, but superb strings.

http://www.stringsdirect.co.uk/Catalogue/ViewProduct.aspx?productId=714

Use the 10-45s.

As for the set up, before you remove the current set, sight down the neck, see what shape it is. Is it flat, does it have backbow, or does it have relief. Depending on what you like, you should recognise the characteristics of the setup. Then restring with the 10s and after a day check it again. It may at most require just a tweak on the truss rod, maybe an 1/8 of a turn, clockwise as you look at the adjuster from the headstock end. As to your othr question about where they lie. IMO they're the equal in build, quality and materials to most of the Gibson Stds etc. The electronics could do with swapping out, and upgrade the caps to orange drops, that'll give you the best control over the pickups that are there. They're all really in the same league, ie Epi Elitists, Orvilles, Sigs, etc. They just don't quite make the Edwards class, purely because Edwards have gone to the trouble to recreate some good carving contours, and used a few more of the more unusual finishes and with the lacquer taste series you don't get that violent poly finish. But face it dude, what you have there is one hell of a guitar for not much money:thu:

• Members

Thanks, man. I'm gonna buy some schaller straplocks from strings direct so I'll check out those strings, from what I've read they do seem quite funkay.

What is it with you and exposing me to these new exciting things?!?

• Moderators

Thanks, man. I'm gonna buy some schaller straplocks from strings direct so I'll check out those strings, from what I've read they do seem quite funkay.

What is it with you and exposing me to these new exciting things?!?

One thing about passing along experiences is it can save a lot of disappointment and cash. All we gotta do now is get you playing thru some tubes and not that modeling stuff all the time:cool:

• Members

Hi once again.

Just an update for you guys.

Slackened off the strings (haven't got my new ones yet so I have to stick with these, god knows how long they've been on) and took off the neck pup to have a look underneath.

It has the long tenon neck and a really thick cap, no doubt maple.

Man, this instrument gets better everyday.

Now only if I can change these {censored}ty strings.

• Members

I don't know about UK prices, but that would be about $750 or so in USD. Did that include the VAT? Looks like a nice guitar, but that's almost the price of 2Epiphone LP's in the US.

There's no brand name, so you can be assured that the price is all down to quality wood, worksmanship and electronics.

That's almost word for word from the web site. You're not selling these guitars, are you? I ask because this thread would be somewhat disingenuous if you were. Call me skeptical, but when someone comes on this strong about a Les Paul copy, it raises some susupicion.

In any event, I hope it sounds like an orchestra and plays like butter. It sure looks good.

• Members

That's almost word for word from the web site. You're not selling these guitars, are you? I ask because this thread would be somewhat disingenuous if you were. Call me skeptical, but when someone comes on this strong about a Les Paul copy, it raises some susupicion.

In any event, I hope it sounds like an orchestra and plays like butter. It sure looks good.

I'm definately NOT selling these guitars. Why do you think that? Just because I used a bit of information from a website? The reason I'm coming on strong about this guitar is because I have been stung so many times with {censored}ty guitars; I had an Epiphone Les Paul Custom that was complete and utter crap that almost switched me off playing guitar altogether because it was so useless. It's just nice to have something good for once. Is it a crime to spread the word?

I'm definately not selling guitars. I really don't see where you got that assumption...

• 13 years later...

Archived