MIJ Signature Les Paul

LlamaGuy

• Members

Hi there! First post here! Anyways, tomorrow I think I'm going to invest in one of these guitars. From what I've heard and from what I've read these guitars (made in Japan) are simply brilliant, from the reviews here on Harmony Central they are more comparable to Gibsons than Epiphones, which sounds delicious.

Here's a site that's offering them (but I'm not getting it from there, I'm getting a Honeyburst model from Skegness...woo!)

http://www.guitarbitz.com/602.htm

So yeah, If anyone has or has played one (I know for a fact that someone here does as one of his posts tuned me onto them...forget his name though).

And to think I was going to go through all the trouble with customs, shipping rates and no warranty or insurance for an Agile when I had a couple of these babies sitting literally on my doorstep. Woop!

• Members

Well I'll post a review tomorrow either way. They say they have four in the shop; Cherry Sunburst, Honeyburst, Warm Cherry and Quilt (?), I'll try 'em all out and settle on the one that feels best.

If I walk away with one, I'll post pictures and a more in depth review.

• Members

From what I've heard these might be rebranded Epiphone Elitists, in which case, I'm happy. Just getting ready to go now, so I'll be back in a couple of hours. Hopefully with a new guitar!

Yeah, it's like the "house brand," but I'm sure that they are every bit as good as any other LP copy.

• Members

Yeah. I was looking at those Fujigen guitars and headstocks seem to be pretty much the same shape. But from all the reviews I've read (even though there's only a couple on the web) they all say Terada. D'ya reckon it'll say it anywhere on the guitar or just "Made in Japan"?

• Members

Yeah. I was looking at those Fujigen guitars and headstocks seem to be pretty much the same shape. But from all the reviews I've read (even though there's only a couple on the web) they all say Terada. D'ya reckon it'll say it anywhere on the guitar or just "Made in Japan"?

The Terada Factory puts a "T" or a "JT" as the first letter of the serial numbers on all of their guitars. They make the high end Gretsch guitars.

Here's my Gretsch Duo Jet made at Terada:

duo6.jpg

duo4.jpg

duo3.jpg

IMG_4039.jpg

IMG_4038.jpg

• Members

Well here are the photos. Sorry there are so many, I just got so damn excited! (but that doesn't really make up for the fact that my camera's crap!)

CopyofDSC03212.jpg

CopyofDSC03217.jpg

CopyofDSC03186.jpg

CopyofDSC03183.jpg

CopyofDSC03222.jpg

CopyofDSC03224.jpg

CopyofDSC03223.jpg

CopyofDSC03225.jpg

CopyofDSC03203.jpg

CopyofDSC03200.jpg

OK, sure, it looks nice (that Honeyburst is to die for, it's so nice in person, dunno if it comes through in the photos), but how does it play?

Well, put it this way, I've played on my friend's Tokai (not sure of which model) and my other friend's Gibson Les Paul Studio and this feels and sounds so much better... it's just so right. And all that for just

• Members

Anyway, if you have any questions, ask away!

(if anyone comes in here with one of these guitars... does it have a long tenon neck?)

Congrats!

Very nice looking.

And yes, I would like to see a pic of the neck pickup cavity to see how thick the maple top is, and what type of tenon it has. :)

also, come join the fun over a Japanaxe.

http://forum.japanaxe.com/phpBB2/

We're just trying to get more poeple over there to post their MIJ collections and give reviews.

It helps everyone learn a bit more about the MIJ guitars.

Especially since correct info is hard to come by.

This way, by people comparing what they have in their collections, they can get an idea of the "when, where, what, and hows" of the MIJ guitars.

Kent

Archived