Japanese Guitars (which one to GAS for)

dilin

• Members

Well I can tell you this > a few months back I was at a pawn shop on the outskirts of melbourne and picked up a mint condition fernandes 62 strat copy for 200 aussie. Probably a late 80's early 90's guitar...still had the old shop sticker on it with old old phone number.

I'm not kidding, it plays as good if not better, and sounds as good as any mid range strat I've had come through my shop...a great neck on it....but most folks would not buy it unless it had Fender written on the headstock..

Not for sale though....

• Members
Well I can tell you this > a few months back I was at a pawn shop on the outskirts of melbourne and picked up a mint condition fernandes 62 strat copy for 200 aussie. Probably a late 80's early 90's guitar...still had the old shop sticker on it with old old phone number.

I'm not kidding, it plays as good if not better, and sounds as good as any mid range strat I've had come through my shop...a great neck on it....but most folks would not buy it unless it had Fender written on the headstock..

Not for sale though....

I picked up this 80s Greco Les Paul on Ebay three weeks ago and I'm just amazed by it. Mind you, I've had a half dozen or so Les Pauls including a 50s Les Paul Custom, a 335, Firebird and numerous vintage SGs in the past and this guitar is as good or better and sings as well as any of them. You can't beat the older MIJ guitars!

100_1931.jpg

• Members

If you are lookin at LP style guitars, check out the Edwards line, made by ESP. Only sold in Japan, where they can get away with direct copies. I've seen plenty of them on eGay from Japan, think it costs around $100 to ship it over.

• Members

I know I've said it before but my Dimarzio Vintage special Strat is frickin amazing. better than any of the USA Vintage Fenders we've tried it against.. I mean.. 2pc body, super thin nitro finish, US electics vintage style.. I can't figure how they make a guitar this good for the money.. From memory cost me about $1000 landed.. or about $800US..

st_f.jpg
I mean.. look at the detail..
st_up.jpg

• Members

Nice looking machine. What year?

Looks to be a st62 dimarzio collection?....

What is the Japan model numbering?

ST62 - ??DMC

Any hum?

Its the top model Dimarzio, was that the 100DMC? (I know the 54 was 110DMC), but yeah, a 62.. No hum i've noticed.

Also no way known they would ever sell these here, too good and cost less than half a USA Vintage Reissue.. Its much better finished than my US 52RI Tele.

Edit... Its a 105DMC.. The 54 is the 120DMC..

Archived