New Fender Strat - VARIAX

id-man

• Members

I play a V700 thru a XTL into an Atomic. It sounds great. Its a great utility guitar and can't be beat for its creative usefulness. I was able to detune the E-A an octave and do some really cool things with that. Doing open tunings are a breeze and you never have to play with floppy strings ever again. Is it a panacea, of course not....the acoustic sounds are passable with the right EQ settings. But being able to switch from a clean spanky strat and then turn the afterburners on with a les paul thru a high gain marshall with a touch of a pedal is awesome. Plus you get a bunch of crazy stuff thru the XTL as well.

BTW, i posted a V700 and XTL in the classifieds here if you're interested.

• Members

I like the simple concept of the VG Strat but one thing that it won't do is blend acoustic & electric sounds or send each to separate amps. I use that a lot so I guess I'll stick with my Schecter with piezo's until I can pop for a PRS Hollowbody.

• Members

One thing nice about the variax is the included A/B box. The B is an XLR so you can go straight to PA or acoustic amp. It would be nice to do some sort of blending though since you can connect via 1/4" and ethernet, unfortunately it's output is not on at the same time.

Archived