Tele necks: SX vs Jay Turser

lburger

• Members

Hi,

Can those of you how have played one or both of these give me some feedback on the necks of the SX and Jay Turser teles? I'd appreciate it. I'm trying to decide and it's so damn hard without being able to play it.

Thanks

• Members

I have a Turser JTLT Custom with maple neck. The neck and body are fine - can't say much for the electronics tho. Neck is similar to SX strat copy I used to own. As with most of the inexpensive chinese / korean guitars, YMMV.

Good Luck!

• Members

I have a Turser JTLT Custom with maple neck. The neck and body are fine - can't say much for the electronics tho. Neck is similar to SX strat copy I used to own. As with most of the inexpensive chinese / korean guitars, YMMV.

Good Luck!

Thanks man. I'm close to getting the Turser, but I love how the SX necks look.

• Members

The Turser necks are a bit skinnier and the frets are also smaller. I like both, but they have a different feel from each other. The Tursers are probably finished a bit better, but I did really like the SX neck quite a bit. The jumbo frets on the SX throw some people off of liking them...

• Members

Thanks guys for the feedback.

The Turser necks are a bit skinnier and the frets are also smaller. I like both, but they have a different feel from each other. The Tursers are probably finished a bit better, but I did really like the SX neck quite a bit. The jumbo frets on the SX throw some people off of liking them...

That's good stuff Dave. I don't like REALLY big frets (the Fender Aerodyne Tele comes to mind - those were like small sausages). So maybe the Turser is the way to go. I do love those tinted necks on the SX though. Look so sweet.

Archived