New Guitar?

Timmott

• Members

Hey guys, I just sold my World of Warcraft account and got 250$! That got my gas flowing but now I have a problem...what to buy!? I have no idea what good deals are out there and figured yall could help me out a bit. I usually play a fair amount of medium to heavily distorted music, ranging from As I lay Dying to Killswitch Engage to Underoath to all that hardcore/emocore kind of stuff as well as some blues and cleaner stuff like The Strokes. Now the tricky thing is I need a semi versatile guitar, one with decent cleans but can still handle a bit of the music I play that uses a fair amount of distortion. Do any guitars come to mind? If it helps I have a Mesa Boogie .50 Calibur head running into a marshall cab. My main guitar is my ESP LTD H-1000, so I want the guitar to be different than that. I was thinking about maybe a tele style guitar, perhaps the one guitarfetish has? Anyways hope yall can help me out. Price range is 250$. Thanks!

-Tim-

• Members

First off - my hats off to you if you can cop some Killswitch - they're great!!
Of course the Coparison he plays is about $1500.00.

They're are a lot of good guitars out there for your buying pleasure.

Check out:

Agile (rondomusic.net)
Dillion
Ibanez
Jackson
Michael Kelly
Epiphone

• Members

Yeah, Killswitch is awesome = P. I played a Caparison at Guitar Asylum near me and it was a pretty nasty guitar. But back to the case at hand. I already have an Epiphone LP jr with a p90 in it, as well as an Agile Valkyrie with 2 P90s in it so I'm looking to stray away from the guitars I have now and find something different. I'm thinking maybe a good Strat or Tele copy, I really like the cleans they have and a nice punchy bridge pickup would be cool. I've been looking at the guitarfetish site and it seems like they have some nice guitars up there. Although I might need to replace the bridge pickup for the heavier style of music I play, but some EQ tweaking might fix that. So I guess I'm looking for a good Strat/Tele copy! Ah yes SX, forgot about them. I've heard some good things about them, but I've also heard they sometimes need a bit of work to get them playable and I dont really want to mess around with that. Plus If I have enough money to get a better guitar might as well = P. Anyone have any opinions on the Xavier guitars or any other brands? Thanks for the help so far btw.

• Members

Well I have my H-1000 for most downtuned/heavily distorted. I just want this next guitar to be able to pick up where the H-1000 leads off. I see plently of bands I like to play use telecasters and the like live so why cant I? = P. This next guitar just needs to be versatile enough to be able to cover some Underoath and Thursday and then be able to switch over to The Strokes or Interpol.

Archived