Les Paul problem.... please help!!!

crazyfool001

• Members
worse still, is it is a MIJ Tokai so aint got Gibsons lifetime warranty or whatever it is...
:cry:

NOOWWWWW the truth comes out.
yoiu almost had me with the epiphone comment.

I thought you said it was a Les Paul....................

in that case, throw it out and get a real guitar

• Members

next time you buy a pack of stings buy 2 loose strings extra (like if you're getting a set of .09's get a .11 gauge string for the e and a .14 for the b)

it will probably counter act the tension differences.

maybe take it in to a shop and get an opinion on it

• Members

maybe I'm stoopid or something, but what does neck angle have to do with string tension??

for a given gauge, for a given scale length, once it's tuned, it's at the same tension, right?? how else could you have these tables that show string tension for a scale length/gauge. It never mentions neck angle as a variable??

• Members

Not much anyone could do with a Twisted neck. If indeed that is the issue! Aside from replacing the neck? Tokai's early 80's MIJ are getting more and more expensive and in demand by Gibson players. There early[before 1985] LS-50's and up have Long neck tenon's, and match up very closely Spec wise to 59 Les-Pauls. More so than production line Gibson's! But you have to look them over VERY carefully. I JUST sold one for $800. They are not going cheap. And the fellow whom bought it fron me, was VERY HAPPY to have found and purchased it. He'd been playing PRS McCarthys and wouldn't buy another Gibson. He was just very disappointed. He felt that it was either a 59RI or the early Tokai's?

Archived