If you like old Charvels...

RUExp?

• Members

for me, the necks on those older import charvels are like home.

Yup. I don't play PHS guitars anymore, but my Model 3 was my first "real" guitar when I was 16 or 17. It was amazing! The last one I owned was a Model 7 (tele-style w/reverse headstock).

-JP

• Members

just curious, but why are 4 out of 5 in the stand without strings?

Because I have an extreme combination of ADD and Dr. Frankenstein-itis where I'm constantly changing electronics, necks, hardware, etc... and out of the dozen or so guitars I have, usually only have 4 at a time that are 100% and ready to roll.

Case in point:

collection.jpg

Notice the natural quilted body in the upper pic is gone... the blue one has that flame maple neck... the fender neck is off of that blue one and on the '51 body... etc.

• Members

It was 83 or 84 when I played my first Charvel. It belonged to my friend Tom who went on to play with Doro Pesch. I had only been playing a few years at that time. But even I knew, quality wise it was miles ahead of what Gibson or Fender had out at the time. It played effortlessly and just melted into your ribcage when sitting or standing. To hell w/ what "vintage" 70's or 80's Fenders or Gibsons are bringing in pricewise, original Charvels are a much better value.

• Members

Yeah, this finish is awesome. It definetly attracted me to it for sure. It was owned by the guitar player in my band. I had been bugging him forever to sell it to me but he never would, finally he needed a 4x12 cab so we traded.

100_0379.jpg' alt='>'>

Kinda reminds me of this finish as well on my BC Rich Eagle:

100_0383.jpg' alt='>'>

Archived