What's a good splitable SC sized HB for a tele bridge ?

woodsmandan

• Members

I have a GFS Lil' puncher in my tele bridge. It is splittable but I have left mine without that capability. As an SC humbucker it rapes the Seymour Duncan Hot Rails that was in there before...it just has more of a classy sound since it has a tinge of tele single coil-ness about it whilst still being very fat and punchy. Sorry I cant comment on the split sound.

• Members
I have a GFS Lil' puncher in my tele bridge. It is splittable but I have left mine without that capability. As an SC humbucker it rapes the Seymour Duncan Hot Rails that was in there before...it just has more of a classy sound since it has a tinge of tele single coil-ness about it whilst still being very fat and punchy. Sorry I cant comment on the split sound.

Thanks for the info...a HB with some tele single-coilness about it sounds like a good thing to me :thu:

• Members

I have a GFS lil hot puncher in the bridge of my tele w/a splitter. It is VERY hot in full HB mode - has more balls than anything else I've ever heard in a tele (and I had an original '72 custom at one time.) the split mode is useful as well, although IMO does not truly capture the classic Tele bridge tone. I guess it comes as close as any - in fact, I have never heard a humbucker that does truly duplicate the original tele tone.

Archived