Mighty Mite Motherbucker help

pimphat22

• Members

Hello all! First post here.

I just got a set of MM motherbuckers for my Greco Lp copy. Been going crazy trying to figure out the wiring for a standard lp style set up. I have currently wired the pu's with black= hot , white/bare=ground , and red/blue=soldered and shielded. Everything seems to work but it sounds horrible. They sound really muddy and fuzzy. i get no bite or clearity what so ever. could i have wired these wrong? Any advise would be greatly appreciatied.

• Members

you could have wired them wrong or you could have damaged something (with the soldering iron)

i have mighty mite motherbucker (bridge) that i'm going to install later in the day actuallyyy. i've never tried them before but heck, they may sound muddy-who knows.

• Members
looked at that before....it's for a different pickup. It does not work for the motherbuckers. At least mine anyway.

Really? I would think the wiring would be the same for all their models. Red and white tied if you do not want coil splitting.

• Members

I'm pretty sure that I followed Seymour Duncan wiring codes. Red + white soldered together. If this doesn't work, let me know.

http://www.seymourduncan.com/images/schematics/501005-110.pdf

Flip to page 2 where it has the diagram and this information:

A- Pickup Selector

B- Solder the braided shield to the back of

volume for bridge pickup

C- Solder Hot output here

D- Volume for Neck pickup

E- Tone for bridge pickup

F- Tone for Neck pickup

G- Output Jack

H- Ground/Sleeve

I- Hot/Tip

J- Green & Bare solder to back of pot

K- Red and White solder together and insulated

L- Black wire

• Members

thanks for all the info. I think the problem is that they just dont sound that good. Like n0fx says, there is just no bite or clarity at all....very loud though. I have EMG's in my other guitar and it sounds good so maybe i'll just go that route with this guitar as well. Thanks again for all of the help!:cool:

Archived