Suggestions for Strat Color?

FUBTAG

• Members

haha -- is that a DARE!??!?!?!

Well, no one would ever have any doubts about whose Strat it is - I've seen some wacky finishes, but never a completely plaid strat...

AND - if you wanna get fancy, make it trans plaid - have someone airbrush dye onto your body, then clear it... :thu:

• Members

If the wood grain is nice on your guitar body, I would definitely strongly consider a transparent finish. I think the blue, green, and black would be nice in transparent finishes. However, there is something sublimely beautiful about lightly tinted (think vintage tinted necks) Swamp Ash with clear coat.

• Members

If the wood grain is nice on your guitar body, I would definitely strongly consider a transparent finish. I think the blue, green, and black would be nice in transparent finishes. However, there is something sublimely beautiful about lightly tinted (think vintage tinted necks) Swamp Ash with clear coat.

So far -- I think I am leanging towards the blue.... but your suggestion of lightly tinted is intriguing...

• Members

I'd go sonic blue, daphne blue, shell pink, or surf green

Daphne Strat

60Relic_Daphne_R29535combo.jpg

Another Daphne Strat - though the color looks significantly different to me

60_NOS_StratMAtchHS_R29609combo.jpg

Sonic Strat

62_Cruz_Sonic_JC454combo.jpg

Daphne Strat

NoNeck_Daphne_R29557combo.jpg

Daphne Strat - this time with the maple board

60_NoNeck_Daphne_R29460combo.jpg

Sonic Strat

59_LTD_StratProJunior_Relic_Sonic_CZ5034

Shell Pink?

VintageStratRelic_ShellPink_R32358combo.

JeffBect_Surf_XN2044combo.jpg

• Members

brian -- that shell pink is cool.... but does it go with an anodized p/g? I already have a daphne blue or sea foam green guitar (depending on the light)

hmmmmm... I have a tele being built with a green coloring.... I need something DIFFERENT.... :confused:

• Members

Copper PG with black hardware... It may sound wierd, but try a green dye finish. Copper oxidies to green, so you're used to seeing those two colors together. Yes, copper oxide is a very ugly green, but you could try a bold leaf green or a darker forest. You could also burst it from black to green if the scheme is too bright.

Of course, as dangerine suggested, you really cannot go wrong with basic black.

• Members

Transparent Black? Like a stain? how would you highlight the grain?

That's the whole point of a stain; the grain pattern absorbs more stain than the lighter heartwood, so even a black stain will accentuate the grain. How much the grain is acccentuated depends on how much dye you apply.

• Members

Copper PG with black hardware... It may sound wierd, but try a green dye finish. Copper oxidies to green, so you're used to seeing those two colors together. Yes, copper oxide is a very ugly green, but you could try a bold leaf green or a darker forest. You could also burst it from black to green if the scheme is too bright.

Of course, as dangerine suggested, you really cannot go wrong with basic black.

The Black to Green burst is a cool idea.....

hmm -- At this point between trans Blue and black to green burst....

Archived