3-pickup Jazzmaster?

Cloacal-X

• Members

I GIMP'd up a mockup - whaddaya think? I think it looks pretty sweet, but maybe just slightly crowded. The advantage though would be mostly in tonal versatility, I reckon I could lose the strangle circuit and use the upper switch to turn on the middle pickup, with the roller pots controlling the neck and middle pickups' volume. I chose the CBS version for the mockup because for some reason it seems to clash less since the whole guitar is a little busy anyway.

66Jazzmaster.jpg

• Members

True - well, I'm thinking of doing this for real as a warmoth project. I was actually thinking doing like a black korina body and doing a nice lustrous tru-oil oil finish - but with a bit of a twist - I think I'd do a burst finish with a dye (I have a friend who airbrushes professionally so he could do the actual burst pattern pretty easily). Oiled korina seems to have enough yellow in it that I could get away with such a 1-tone burst I think, and I think it would look pretty classy. I mean, I hope so - it would suck to fuck up. :)

Archived