What pickups does Doug Martsch use?

Jick Magger

• Members

Anyone know what pickups Doug Martsch uses/used on his Strat? He plays a custom built Tele these days, but I really like the tones on the early/mid BtS records ('Perfect From Now On' and 'Keep It Like A Secret' especially)

Thanksss

• Members

I'm incapable and/or unwilling to detect sarcasm on the internet, so I'll just play nice and honestly recommend some of my favorite Built to Spill songs:

Carry The Zero (possibly my favorite)

Goin' Against Your Mind (new one)

Car (oldie)

• Members

I'm incapable and/or unwilling to detect sarcasm on the internet, so I'll just play nice and honestly recommend some of my favorite Built to Spill songs:

Carry The Zero (possibly my favorite)

Goin' Against Your Mind (new one)

Car (oldie)

Thanks for the songs. I truly was interested since I don't know anything about the band. I appreciate your taking the time to share :)

• Members

yeah, sorry... I'm tired and hungover and I barely know where I am right now. Built to Spill is a great band that I think pretty much anyone could dig -- fans of Neil Young and 90's indie rock especially.

I'm still really curious about those pickups. I saw a picture on Google, and they look kind of strange (not a BtS song reference/pun). In any case, the guitars always sound great.

• Members

Lace Sensors, his "Ben" strat in that pic right above this post is an 80's Ultra Strat or Elite Strat (I can't remember which right now) but its definitely a lace sensor sound. Broken Chairs is definitely a good example of that sound.

Archived