fender tele mexico

pongki

• Members

i have a 2006 mim tele and it is way more guitar then I expected! the frets are perfect and the pick ups sound great. 2 - cts pots and a quality 3 way. i own a 2001 mia strat and a 1996 mij jagmaster. imho my mim tele is on par with quality with the other 2 and has better electronics then the mij. Oh and I got lucky and picked it up for $249(us) new at one of gc's sales. great bahg for the buck i say. though i have no other experience with mim fenders other then this tele.

tele.jpg

• Members

If you're good at cherry pickin you can find a really nice one. They vary from guitar to guitar, but overall they're a good guitar for the money. I love the pickups in mine. I have a set of Texas Specials that I pulled out of another guitar that I planned on upgrading, but haven't yet, I'm still happy with the stock pups.

• Members

i have a 2005 mim tele standard and i love it. i had a seymour duncan hot rails in it for the longest time and finaly pulled that crap out. i installed a pair of 52 ri pickups and holy crap. this guitar is amazing. great neck, stays in tune perfect, great frets. all around an amazing guitar.

• Members

I have a 2006 mim and a 2006 (hmm or 5?) mia tele. the build is slighlty better in the mia but that is just imop appearences mostly (string tree, look of the saddles). the ceramic pickups on the mim I think actually would be just as good if not better for rock, though perhaps the mia is slightly more twangy. love um both but would say the better "value" is in the mia.

• Members

I have a 2006 mim and a 2006 (hmm or 5?) mia tele. the build is slighlty better in the mia but that is just imop appearences mostly (string tree, look of the saddles). the ceramic pickups on the mim I think actually would be just as good if not better for rock, though perhaps the mia is slightly more twangy. love um both but would say the better "value" is in the mim.

• Members

They're vastly underrated.

The differences (aside from electronics and snazzy finishes/appointments) between the MIM's and MIA's are becoming less and less obvious. I'm partial to CIJ's, but if you play enough MIM's you're more than likely to find something that suits your needs. Fender made some pretty cool changes to the MIM Standard models just within the past year, but the MIM "Classic" series offers a bunch of great options.

• Members

I played a MIM Nashville at GC a couple weeks ago. Its probly sold now. But the guitars weight caught my attention IMMEDIATLY. The Tele was BLONDE which is a 06 finish for Nashvilles that looks GREAT with the Shell PG. Thats why I picked it up....Looks. Then when I felt its weight [had to be 6-1/2LBs]? I had to hear the Tele. I ALWAYS liked Nashvilles ANYWAY. But this one? EASILY rivaled ANY American Series Tele I have owned or played. MIM also has.....BAJA.....MUDDY WATERS! Any of these Tele's I mentioned could easily be a lifetime partner!

Archived