humbucker in a strat??

• Members

The JB jr does sound pretty good, But it's not gonna roar like a full size JB. Not even close. You'll like the Junior better than the stock single and you won't hurt the guitars value by cutting it up. The hot rail may be better but I have no experiance with one of those.

• Members

I'm typically a S-S-S purist when it comes to Strats, but that's because I don't mind bringing more than one guitar to a gig.

However, if I wanted to have enormous versatility, there's absolutely no doubt that I would make a H-S-S Strat my first choice. My favorite tones on a Strat are the neck, and the neck plus middle positions, and you don't lose these with a bucker in the bridge.

If you REALLY wanted to get crazy, you could see if you could get a coil splitter for the bucker, and also throw in a blender pot to get the Telecaster "neck plus bridge" pickup sound. Even though it wouldn't be a true single coil sound in the bridge when you split it, it would still come close. You'd also be able to at least get in the ballpark for the quacky "bridge plus middle" sound...

Actually, on reflection, that would be a total monster setup on a Strat: H-S-S with a splitter for the bucker, and a blender pot, with a master tone wiring for all pickups.

I may just have to try this myself! :thu:

• Members

how good are the harmonics cosmik?

like do they just "jump" off the guitar?

Sorry man haven't been around for a day or so. I don't quite know what you mean by "jump off", I've always thought that pinch harmonics were just about technique, but yeah they sound nice.

Archived