Fender Tele Standard MIM or Epi Sherry II?

boyad

• Members

So... some months ago I asked which Epi Archtop would be best, and I was going to earn for the Sherry II, but now I thought about the Fender Tele Std MIM (both are almost at the same price where I live) obviously Fender is Fender.

and I cant afford a better Fender.

I play mostly classic rock, britpop, indie rock, garage....

• Members

I have a Sheraton II and a Tele I kind of built myself, and I play Brit-pop and classic rock.

To be honest I couldnt do without either of them, but my tele does get more play as its easier to just pick up and play rather than the sheraton which I have to put away in its case every time. I've put a GFS Lil' puncher in the tele bridge to give it more punch and an SD little '59 in the middle for some more rhymic tone.

I guess I'd say go for the tele, but if you find the bridge pickup too brittle for Brit-pop, which it can be, then a GFS lil puncher in the bridge will give it some beef.

AllGuitarspedalsampsmall.jpg

• Members

Two totally different animals, both of which can excel at your type of music.

So....let's ask you a few more questions to narrow this down.

1) What do you play currently and do you like it?

2) How good of a player are you?

3) What amp/pedals etc. are you using?

4) Where do you play most?

Here my logic with these simple questions.

1) If you currently play a mahog dual humbucker guitar and like it's tone, the Tele may be too much of a leap into sc's and spank. And vice virsa...

2) Tele's are clear and precise and thus show off a lot more sloppy playing than do warm semi-hollow humbuckers. If you are good player though, Tele's can be heaven sent with clarity and chime in all styles and gain settings

3) Tube amps LOVE Tele's. But if you play with a lot of distortion etc., you may want soemthing else. And if you play with a lot of gain/distortion/OD, you might not want a semi-hollow 'cuz they can feedback like a mo' fo'

4) Do you play in dive bars? Fancy clubs? Bedroom? Tele's can withstand a nuclear bomb, Semi-Hollows, not so much

So??

• Members

1- Well... I have a {censored}ty Stratocaster worst than a Squier, I've been playing for some years and I couldnt earn for a better one... cause I didnt work.

2- I think for the music I play and what I like I play pretty good.

3- I play with a Vox AD50VT that I bought 2 months ago... I dont have pedals or anything like that, I prefer first of all buying a good guitar and maybe latter buy those kind of things...

4- I play in my bedroom and with my band for practice, I played some times in bars... I would love to do it again.

• Members

and... I didnt understand the 2 other points of the other list, I dont have a tube amp, and I play sometimes at a ball

and I know these 2 guitar are totally different, but first I thought I wanted the Sherry and when I saw the Tele was almost at the same price I started doubting which I wanted.

Archived