Do you use a laptop for music?

Anderton

• Members

Originally posted by GeoffonTour

Centrinos are basically budget processors, avoid them like the plague (however being underpowered they're good for batt life and heat).

Don't you mean Celeron processors, and not Centrinos?

• Members

After many years of recording on Adats and hardware, I'm finally making the switch to computer recording. I got a G4 Powerbook (1.5Ghz) with an Mbox and ProTools LE. I'm not a "computer person", so I find the learning curve a bit daunting, but the capability you gain, especially in terms of editing, is amazing. I have an engineer who comes to my studio and has been helping along with it and I'm slowly becoming more adept at it. The only limitation so far has been just having two inputs on the Mbox.

But I can always upgrade in the future. I like the portability of the laptop plus the fact that it is so much quieter than a desktop computer.

• Members

Centrinos are basically budget processors, avoid them like the plague (however being underpowered they're good for batt life and heat).

you probably got it mixed up with celeron processors man.

In fact for reasons I don't entirely understand, a 1.7ghz centrino will kick an older P4 2.8 ghz in the ass. They are one of the most efficient intel proccessors.

Archived