Tell me about the AKG C3000B and C2000B...

Headbanger

• Members

What I meant to say is a high pass = low cut centered at 500 Hz. You switch it in and it cuts a ton of lows and low mids so you can work the mic close and the proximity effect brings back the lows, or switch it out and it's flat with a tiny boost above 10 K.

I've got the C-2000 and a C-1000 which is great on acoustics and guitar cabs and a C-414B/ULS which is great on female and tenor male vocals. Love AKG mics.

• Members

I sold my two C3000's (the black and better ones) and my two C1000's and I'm glad I did.

Actually they're not bad mics, but these days you can get better mics for less money. Like Nick says, the SP B1 simply is a better and more versatile mic than the C1000, which has a not so nice off axis response. The B1 is a really nice mic.

The C3000 is a pretty harsh sounding mic, for its price you can have the much nicer sounding MXL V69M for example.

• Members

dude, the c4000b is my baby now. i know you're asking about the other ones, but i had to comment. this mic is unreal. the guy at sweetwater was raving about it and got me interested. i bought it and was blown away. i had the unique opportunity to hear it against a neumann 87. (you know the one) it was VERY similar. of course, the neumann eeked out a better result in the end, but for the value, EXTREMELY similar. worth looking at

• 11 months later...

Archived