Management Importance?

Doggers

• Members

I am wondering how important for me to get a management/agent. Because I am thinking about bookings/signings. So a lot of work requires needs of a manager. But the question is do you pay for your manager in advance, or after you get payed you do the percentage to him, because I am also an actor and my old manager took a percentage of my pay, and he always taught me never pay for nothing. Is it the same way in music biz or is it different? Also how would I go about finding a good manager agent, does anyone know any good companies or is it based on your taste/style/? Or is it hours in front of google doing your homework haha? thanks a lot. :poke:

• Members

I am wondering how important for me to get a management/agent. Because I am thinking about bookings/signings. So a lot of work requires needs of a manager. But the question is do you pay for your manager in advance, or after you get payed you do the percentage to him, because I am also an actor and my old manager took a percentage of my pay, and he always taught me never pay for nothing. Is it the same way in music biz or is it different? Also how would I go about finding a good manager agent, does anyone know any good companies or is it based on your taste/style/? Or is it hours in front of google doing your homework haha? thanks a lot. :poke:

you really need to get some experience under your belt first. Until you are playing more than 3-4 shows a week, you don't need a manager. A booker will only sign top notch performers who've already proven themselves through the "B" and "C" venues. There's no "instant" win in music anymore. No label exec will magically discover you. Disney might be an option, so you can always move to orlando and begin the long and arduous application process, but if you are older than 12, your chances are slim to none.

The only way you are going anywhere is to do it yourself, build a following, successfully market and sell yourself (or your band) and force yourself into the spotlight, and THEN you might gain the attention of a label rep or publisher.

You can also submit to publishing services like TAXI, but if your music isn't SOLID, they will either reject you, or take your $$ and put you on a shelf.

Sorry for the brutal reality, but all the hope and whimsy in the world won't change what it is.

• Members

Management is important in every part of the life. you can go for many companies offering to find the right person for you. Its upto the circumstances what you are willing from your manager, If you achieve the goal you should reward your manager as well. else try to find another one.

Archived