LP WIRING HELP?

pimphat22

• Members

Hey all, I am sitting here with a friend. He has a 68 reissue LP custom...a real beauty! He had EMG PUPS installed a while back and wants to put all the original HDWR back in...pups, pots, etc. We have everything but ....no schematic. The wiring is the type with NO mounting plate and the switch is the vintage style with no colored wires. Can anyone point us in the right direction?? We would like to have it the way it was originally. Thanks in advance. :confused:

• Members

The SD schematic is different from how Gibson usually wires them, though really its only a matter of placement (Gibson puts the cap between Vol and Tone, but it works in either location). SD's is the more common way you see just about everyone else wire up a HH guitar or Gibson clone, except most people, including Gibson, use .022 caps.

• Members

:cool:thanks for responding. I have seen a few ways to wire it but i just can't get the exact schematic from Gibson. They keep telling me the only diagram they have is the type with the mounting plate....aaarg!:mad: As much $$$$ was spent on this guitar you would think they would try a little harder....oh well. Have a friend at Guitar Center says he has a couple of the reissue customs so im gonna take a look at them. That should work. Thanks again.

Archived