affordable tremolo equipped guitar

marshalles01

• Members

i'm looking for a guitar that's equipped with a tremolo (i've never used a floyd rose, just standard floating) that's also affordable. i've looked into the schecter c-1fr, and the fender standard floyd rose. the reason i'm looking for one of these, is because my band is about to start playing covers that require a tremolo, and all i have are les pauls. i would like to get a prs with a tremolo, but i don't have that kind of money right now. any advice would be appreciated.

• Members

How much cash are you planning to spend? You want something new or used? Something with a two point trem, a graphite nut and locking tuners is pretty good, unless you go the full locking route with a Floyd Rose. A used 80's Kramer can be had for under 5 bills sometimes. OFR's, Seymour Duncans ans Schaller tuners. You wont find all those goodies on anything new for less than 1K.

P

• Members

A used Ibanez of any kind under $250us with any kind of Floyd Rose, Original Floyd Rose is supposedly better than the Licensed one but wear and tear on anything is wear and tear.

If you can tune it and it doesn't go out of tune when you use it, it's all good and $250 or less gambled is a good bet.

Just play them first.

• Members

Jackson DK2M if you like the look of it. They made some upgrades to the trem over previous models, and the workmanship is great. I bought one as soon as they became available (spring 2006) and am extremely happy with it.

Correct.

Archived