so two strats sounds better than a paul and strat?

ilovemystrat

• Members

I think common sense says a Les Paul and Strat would cover the spectrum better than two of the same guitars but then again, there are a thousand other variables. Such as the type of music, amps, FOH, the ability of each player to tweak their equipment, etc.

well i'm staritng a band and my friend has a strat, i'd just thought i'd bring teh BREWTAL POWER with teh paul

amps aren't really a problem here, u just use the house amps when at a gig (and they almost always top of the modded ones!!!!)

• Members

well i'm staritng a band and my friend has a strat, i'd just thought i'd bring teh BREWTAL POWER with teh paul

amps aren't really a problem here, u just use the house amps when at a gig (and they almost always top of the modded ones!!!!)

Where are you playing with house amps???? I have yet to EVER play a gig (after 20 years) with a house amp.. nor would I want too!

• Members

I would use all three of your guitars you have listed in your gear section for the band. Dif' flavors for dif tunes, etc.

• Members

Where are you playing with house amps???? I have yet to EVER play a gig (after 20 years) with a house amp.. nor would I want too!

my first gig here they gave up a 1960s marshall stack and JC 120

my second gig here they let me use the $5000 bogner

and in that bar (yes, bar) he had marshalls thru the eras 60 70s 80s

• Members

I would use all three of your guitars you have listed in your gear section for the band. Dif' flavors for dif tunes, etc.

yea but i hate switching onstage, i have to carry them to the place (no car access really here in tokyo) and lets not even talk about effects (and carrying them)

i would like to use all three, but i would awesome like to not carry 50+ lbs of gear per practice and shows

and i dont even know what kind of music we be playin yet (doing a band in japanese is tough)

• Members

my first gig here they gave up a 1960s marshall stack and JC 120

my second gig here they let me use the $5000 bogner

and in that bar (yes, bar) he had marshalls thru the eras 60 70s 80s

Dayum!@!!!

And I've always loved the Strat/Paul line up.

• Members

Any two guitars can work well with each other or clash with each other. You just have to work with the other guitarist, regardless of what he's playing, in order for both of you to get tones that you're happy with that compliment each other and don't clash.

• Members

Any two guitars can work well with each other or clash with each other. You just have to work with the other guitarist, regardless of what he's playing, in order for both of you to get tones that you're happy with that compliment each other and don't clash.

Exactly what he said.

Archived