Do I have GAS or something worse

Brawley

• Members

I am a beginner in my mid forty's I got my first guitar and amp about 18 months ago. I mucked around for a year and now have been taking lessons for 8 months. Well any way I now have 6 electric guitars and 1 acoustic plus an amp. WTH I can barely play. I think I got the gas. I am working now and I am going to stop at the local guitar shop on the way home just to look wink wink. Help

• Members

GAS is an insidious disease.

One year I woke up at the end of December and realized I'd bought 18 guitars that year. I found it hard to believe but my spreadsheet for guitar/amp inventory doesn't lie.

I'd explain the cure to you, but none has been found that I'm aware of, short of catastrophic financial calamity.

Just pray my man! :eek:

:wave:

• Members

hey so long as the guitars and stuff arnt geting in the way of your responsibilities, and as slong as they make you happy i say buy on. but if you find your self straped for cash and later regretting your purchase I would hold off. but Im only 19 so what do i know :)

• Members
BTW if you have a Brawley guitar you're okay in my book.
:thu:

any pics?
:D

I was thinking about that too.

A local dealer was carrying them for a while and they were all very attractive guitars. He explained that Brawley took the concept of imports with cheap labor and cheap materials and changed that simply to cheap labor and quality materials. You see that a lot more these days, but Brawley really pushed that concept with his guitars.

I heard he just simply sold what he produced and then quit manufacturing, I was curious why since the product seemed to be quite successful. By the time I went back to the store to give them a second thought (I was initially wary of imports) the Brawleys were gone.

GAS is an insidious disease.

One year I woke up at the end of December and realized I'd bought 18 guitars that year. I found it hard to believe but my spreadsheet for guitar/amp inventory doesn't lie.

I'd explain the cure to you, but none has been found that I'm aware of, short of catastrophic financial calamity.

Just pray my man!
:eek:

:wave:

I love it. Spreadsheets don't lie... :D

• Members

I was thinking about that too.

A local dealer was carrying them for a while and they were all very attractive guitars. He explained that Brawley took the concept of imports with cheap labor and cheap materials and changed that simply to cheap labor and quality materials. You see that a lot more these days, but Brawley really pushed that concept with his guitars.

I heard he just simply sold what he produced and then quit manufacturing, I was curious why since the product seemed to be quite successful. By the time I went back to the store to give them a second thought (I was initially wary of imports) the Brawleys were gone.

I was able to get a NOS (2003 model) a couple years ago from some eBay dealer who sold a myriad of products including Brawley guitars for a while. His supply must have dried up long ago.

• Members

Keith Brawley guitars went out of business when Mars music went under. Keith is now an exec with GC. I have some e-mails from him I will try to post. GC has purchased the design rights from Keith for his guitars and they are coming back

under a new name to be marketed by GC by Christmas time.

• Members

I'm in the same boat. Five guitars, five amps. Welcome to the GAS club.

There seems to be a connection between guitars and mid-life crisis.

Could be I guess. I never really had a hobby before and I think I would have quit by now if it was a passing fancy. Plus I am having fun with this stuff. That being said the guitar hobby is cheaper and less disruptive then dumping the wife and running off with a 21 year old bimbo to satisfy my MLC. Like I could find a 21 year old bimbo anyway.

Archived