Fender DRRI vs. Orange Rocker 30

Puckman

• Members

That is kind of what I'm angling for these days. As I explained elsewhere, I got a bit over the "multi-channel, multi-gizmo" approach. I love the simplicity of gorgeous cleans, and I recently got the Barber Direct Drive pedal and love how it sounds, so I figure that would be my approach.

Yes. I have heard the DRRI and I have played it, and I have felt exactly the way you describe. I guess I'm wondering if the Orange comes anywhere close with those cleans (among other things).

I won't know first hand until I play one.

Well, simplicity is the DRRI's strong suit, along with "gorgeous cleans". As for the Orange coming close to having a clean sound like the DRRI. Not even close LOL

EL34's amps are fairly compressed, lots of sustain, very smooth lead tone. Think a 70's Marshall. EL84's are more raw, biting lead tone. Think Vox AC15/30, and of course Marshall as well.

• Members

Well, simplicity is the DRRI's strong suit, along with "gorgeous cleans". As for the Orange coming close to having a clean sound like the DRRI. Not even close LOL

EL34's amps are fairly compressed, lots of sustain, very smooth lead tone. Think a 70's Marshall. EL84's are more raw, biting lead tone. Think Vox AC15/30, and of course Marshall as well.

Marshall JCM2000 DSL 401 :thu:

Archived