Saw Steve Vai last night. Commodore Ballroom, Vancouver, B.C.

's mel gibson

• Members

Yeah, definitely go a day early. You won't regret it. I saw him a couple of weeks ago and it was amazing. I think that's the best $30.00 Iv'e spent for a show in quite some time. I like the records, DVD etc quite a bit, but seeing him live a different experience. When I saw him, the Zack guy only played about fifteen minutes or so. He was funny, but fifteen minutes was enough. Orianthi was direct support. I'm not sure if she is still on the tour. She's a decent player, except she really doesn't have her own style of playing yet, and she has a decent voice. Vai and his band played for two and a half hours. Quite honestly, I could have sat there another two and half hours and enjoyed every minute of it. They were that good.

Orianthi wasn't there last night, just some annoying cheesy violin player

• Members

Orianthi wasn't there last night, just some annoying cheesy violin player

That's too bad. She's actually pretty good and worth a see as direct support to someone like Vai or Gilbert or whomever. I liked her voice as well, so it will take her a few years to grow as a musician, but if she does, she'll probably be really good. As I said, she just needs to develop her own style and she could extend herself a little more musically, but that should all come with more experience.

• Members

Vai on the other hand was amazing. They did an acoustic fire garden suite
:love:

Lead

Presence- 7

Treb- 7

Mid- 6

Bass- 5

Drive- 7

Volume 7

they didn't finish it off later with electric? strange, they did at the show i saw.

as to those settings, those are the exact ones i use, with reverb at 3 :D

• Members

they didn't finish it off later with electric? strange, they did at the show i saw.

as to those settings, those are the exact ones i use, with reverb at 3
:D

No, they finished it off electric too. But I thought the acoustic part was especially cool.

And speaking of Vai's gear, I thought it was strange that he had a G-force in his rack, since he also had a g system on stage

EDIT- Wow you have the volume on seven? :eek: I get complaints from band members for being to loud on 3 :freak:

Archived