'72 Fender Thinline Telecaster (original)

ManAndDjinn

• Members

Are you sure you're talking about the Thinline? Thinlines never had single coils; they were made with humbuckers.

I'm not talking about hat particular model but I knew someone would think I was. I was just saying that pickup from 1972 will be pricey and even more so due to the split coil humbucker design being desirable.

• Members

that was for reference. those humbuckers are sought after more so than the single coils, and probably will reach gibson PAF territory if clean. i would try to find the right pickups for that guitar for a reasonable price (

Took the words outta my mouth! :thu:

• Members

They are stock, they've never been changed. He's the only one to own it, so he would know.

Those pickups are not the stock pickups. I don't care what you say. I don't care what you think. Ten seconds of research would answer your question. If you choose to ignore the truth and what experienced and knowledgeable people are telling you then continue to look like a fool. :thu:

• Members

I dunno, I find it incredibly hard to believe that fender used two different bobbin colors on a guitar that old.

Idk. You find stuff like that on Fender's all the time. Taking off finish only to find another finish underneath, etc. They didn't expect anyone to take the covers off so they probably figured why not. As long as they're the correct size(hard to tell from pic) and look pretty old, I'd say it's possible.

• Members

I dunno, I find it incredibly hard to believe that fender used two different bobbin colors on a guitar that old.

Well, I trust what my dad says about it. He's been playing guitar for around 35 years and he knows all of the work that's been done on the guitar. If you can find an original thinline and show me that the pickups are different, then I believe you. I'd rather believe the owner than someone over the internet.

• Members

Well, I trust what my dad says about it. He's been playing guitar for around 35 years and he knows all of the work that's been done on the guitar. If you can find an original thinline and show me that the pickups are different, then I believe you. I'd rather believe the owner than someone over the internet.

I've been down that route before where someone's parent told them a story about a guitar and the year they got it and turns out the guitar didn't even come out until 10 years later.

I only believe facts and evidence.

Do you have any close up shots of the front of the body?

• Members

I've been down that route before where someone's parent told them a story about a guitar and the year they got it and turns out the guitar didn't even come out until 10 years later.

I only believe facts and evidence.

Do you have any close up shots of the front of the body?

No, my camera decided not to work anymore after that picture, I could take more, but it'll be awhile. Going out of town tomorrow.

My dad isn't a liar, either. If anything, he under exaggerates things.

Archived