Agile guitar question

Karma1

• Members

I was at a jam yesterday and a guy had an Agile semi-hollow guitar that looked kind of like a Gibson 335. I think the model is the AS-820. I'm not that familiar with Agile guitars, but I know a lot of people here like them. I was extremely impressed with how great this guitar sounded and played (it had just had a pro setup). Like many of us here, the last thing I need is another guitar, but although I have a lot of solid body guitars like Strat,Tele, Les Paul, etc. I've never owned a semi-hollow. Anybody here own one of these semi-hollow Agiles and have anything to say about them?

• Members

I was at a jam yesterday and a guy had an Agile semi-hollow guitar that looked kind of like a Gibson 335. I think the model is the AS-820. I'm not that familiar with Agile guitars, but I know a lot of people here like them. I was extremely impressed with how great this guitar sounded and played (it had just had a pro setup). Like many of us here, the last thing I need is another guitar, but although I have a lot of solid body guitars like Strat,Tele, Les Paul, etc. I've never owned a semi-hollow. Anybody here own one of these semi-hollow Agiles and have anything to say about them?

I have an even cheaper Epi Dot Studio, sounds good to me. Don't let the

corksniffers or snorkeldicks influence you. The Agile sounded good? What

more do you need to know?

• Members

I have one of the older AS820's that have the correct 335 dimensions. Its just a fantastic guitar. I was very happy with the stock pickups for a long time. I came upon a set of used Gibson Burstbuckers on the cheap and decided I would see if they improved the tone of the guitar. The burstbuckers took the guitar from being fantastic to being incredible. I love the tone even more now. It has a bit more sensitivity and bite and growl with the burstbuckers.

I've played real 335's that did not sound as nice to me. I mean they were fantastic guitars, but they just weren't incredible. Maybe if the burstbuckers were in the 335 it would have sounded incredible too. A real Gibby will have a better build quality (you get real MOP and such), but its not a big enough difference to really matter to a player. I would highly recommend recommend the Agile AS820.

Here's a pick of mine. Its the first guitar from the left.

IMG00004.jpg

IMG00007-2.jpg

Archived