Does Medley Music in Bryn Mawr PA still use a good guitar tech?

apostrophe

• Members

Thanks guys! Looks like "Dave" is still doing the work over at Medley. They also have the best prices, surprisingly. Looks like I'll go with MM.

Is it ridiculous to get a new bone nut to replace the lame black plastic one? It would be about $60 just to have the nut cut and installed. Really the black one bothers me just cus it looks like {censored}, not because it gives me problems. But I have to imagine a new nut would help in other ways as well?

?

• Members

My take on your nut is that if it ain't broke don't fix it.

In other words, if you aren't having nut related problems....strings binding, intonation problems due to nut slots not cut deep enough, etc., most of which can be taken care of with a bit of filing, what are you expecting to gain?. While certain nut materials are considered "better", if what you have is working fine leave it alone.Once you fret the tonal attributes of the nut material are minimal.

About a decade or more ago, Medley sent their work to Dale Bluebond (RIP Dale)/Bluebond in Philadelphia. I surmise from some of these posts that probably changed.As for my experience working for the Rosenblooms no comment.

Archived