Let's see your dedicated slide guitars!

bikehorn

• Members

:love:

THats gorgeous.

I've always wondered how the metal resonators sound as opposed to wooden ones. But I haven't had the luck of playing either so
:cry:

I thought about one of those kit-build resonators, I wonder how that would work out. could be fun.

• Members

That's a little watercolour I did 25+ years ago,while enjoying a journey of my mind.
;):cool:
The wife saved it and gave it to me a couple of years ago.
:D

+1 i love abstract painting

nice w/ the whole watercolor

i tend to use acrilics and get carried away:D

• Members

My slide family. Voila! (or, as the Typing Error Brigade would have it: viola!)

Left-to-right in the first pic: the Ugliest Guitar In The World -- a 1983 Ibanez X-Series Destroyer DT150 strung heavy, trem locked down, action up high and permanently tuned to Open A. The ony guitar I've got with any metal cred and I use it for slide ... oh well.

'Bling Crosby' -- an Ozark 3515BTE slimline resonator with internal transducer and lipstick neck PU. Sounds gorrrrrgeous played acoustically in a room, and with a little help from an Award-Session AP-10 preamp, it also sounds lovely going into a PA or recording set-up. Without the preamp, it sounds like a skeleton kicking a dustbin (US readers, that means 'trashcan.')

'Hellhound': a SERIOUSLY modded Epi Jr, strung heavy, high-actioned and permanently in open E tuning. I paid waaaayyyy more than this was worth because I fell madly in love with the faux-Zemaitis engraved metal front, with its Robert Johnson image, 'Hellhound' logo and dummy f-holes. It required a Gibson wrapover bridge, a BareKnuckles Mississippi Queen HB-sized P90 and all-new electronics to render it usable, but now I lurve it.

• Members

BTW, the sticker behind the bridge of the Ibanez above was peeled off the screen of a brandnew TV I rented many years ago ... it reads, 'It's a Sony'. Never got around to peeling it off ...

C'mon, y'all, must be more slidewinders around these parts ...

• Members

Heres mine, 'gretsch' Travelling Wilburys model. Hollow ply body with coil tap for raunchy sounds.

Ry Cooder said once that he used strats for slide cos the springs from the trem give a natural reverb. He was right, too. Strung with 12's in open A.

GretschTW.jpg

• Members

BTW, the sticker behind the bridge of the Ibanez above was peeled off the screen of a brandnew TV I rented many years ago ... it reads, 'It's a Sony'. Never got around to peeling it off ...

C'mon, y'all, must be more slidewinders around these parts ...

I have one of those stickers! Except it's stuck to a shelf somewhere. I think my brother got it with a turntable he bought years ago. I wish he still had that turntable.

What does everyone use to get their favourite slide sound? I like liberal use of Fuzz Face with the middle pickup on my strat copy.

• Members

My slide family. Voila! (or, as the Typing Error Brigade would have it: viola!)

Left-to-right in the first pic: the Ugliest Guitar In The World -- a 1983 Ibanez X-Series Destroyer DT150 strung heavy, trem locked down, action up high and permanently tuned to Open A. The ony guitar I've got with any metal cred and I use it for slide ... oh well.

That one was the subject of one of your Guitar Geek articles wasn't it?

Archived